Members of the AJA are invited to attend the AGM which will be held on Monday 8th June at Weatherbys at 11.30 am. Please advise if you are able to attend in order that catering can be arranged for you.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF
THE AMATEUR JOCKEYS ASSOCIATIONOF GREAT BRITAIN LIMITED (‘THE AJA’)
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 2009 Annual General meeting of the AJA will be held on Monday 8th June at 11.30 am at Weatherbys, Sanders Road, Wellingborough, Northants. NN8 4BX when the following ordinary business will be considered:
- to receive apologies for absence
- to consider and if thought fit to approve and confirm the Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting and to authorise the President to sign them
- to receive and consider the report of the directors
- to receive and consider the report of the Chief Executive
- to receive and consider and if thought fit to pass a resolution adopting the accounts for twelve months ending 31 December 2008. The accounts are now completed and copies will be available at the AGM. Alternatively, on receipt of a stamped addressed envelope, copies will be sent to members on written request
- to consider and if thought fit to pass a resolution electing directors.
(a) The following director retires at the Annual General Meeting in accordance with Regulations 26.1 and 26.2 and offers himself for re-election:
Nick Gaselee (nominated by Gay Kindersley and seconded by Ian Balding)
Should any other person wish to stand for election as a director he or she is referred to the provisions of regulation 27
7 to re-appoint Dr L A Cotterill as auditors and to authorise the directors to fix their remuneration
Dated: 1st May 2009
By order of the board
A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his stead. A proxy need not be a member of the company.