AJA 2011 AGM 25TH JANUARY 2012 EAST GARSTON
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF
THE AMATEUR JOCKEYS ASSOCIATION OF GREAT BRITAIN LIMITED
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 2011 Annual General meeting of the AJA will be held on Wednesday 25th January at 11.30 am at The Queens Arms Hotel, East Garston, Nr Hungerford, Berkshire RG17 7ET when the following ordinary business will be considered:
- to receive apologies for absence
- to consider and if thought fit to approve and confirm the Minutes of the previous AGM and to authorise the President to sign them
- to receive and consider the report of the directors
- to receive and consider the report of the Chief Executive
- to receive and consider and if thought fit to pass a resolution adopting the accounts for twelve months ending 31 December 2010. The accounts are now completed and copies will be available at the AGM. Alternatively, on receipt of a stamped addressed envelope, copies will be sent to members on written request
- to consider and if thought fit to pass a resolution electing directors. (a) Ian Balding has as from the date of the AGM resigned his office as director. (b) The following director retires at the AGM in accordance with Regulations 26.1 and 26.2 and offers himself for re-election: Philip Pritchard (nominated by Nick Gaselee and seconded by Richard Dunwoody) Should any other person wish to stand for election as a director he or she is referred to the provisions of regulation 27
- to re-appoint Dr L A Cotterill as auditors and to authorise the directors to fix their remuneration.
Dated: 3rd January 2012
By order of the board
A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his stead. A proxy need not be a member of the company.