Many congratulations to LUCY GARDNER and BREDON HILL LAD (shown after winning at Fontwell last week) winning the first at Exeter today in an incredible finish, giving the partnership back to back wins. Having clattered the second last hurdle and looking held in fourth having hit a flat spot, Lucy managed to stoke up her horse who stayed on dourly to grasp victory as they neared the line and go on to score by 3/4 of a length.
Many congratulations to Harry Bannister who enjoyed another winner today at Plumpton on their Pompadour Day (with the amateur riders’ hurdle that celebrates the twinning of Plumpton and Pompadour racecourses) for trainer Suzy Smith with LITTLE BOY BORU.
Despite getting squeezed for space three out, the partnership led from two hurdles from home where they took command and went clear from the last, easing down to the line.
Well done Harry, who has now ridden 3 winners from his last 4 rides in the last 5 days!
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF
THE AMATEUR JOCKEYS ASSOCIATION OF GREAT BRITAIN LIMITED
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 2014 Annual General meeting of the AJA will be held on Friday 28th November at 12:00 noon at The Queens Arms Hotel, East Garston, Nr Hungerford, Berkshire RG17 7ET when the following ordinary business will be considered:
- to receive apologies for absence
- to consider and if thought fit to approve and confirm the Minutes of the previous AGM and to authorise the President to sign them
- to receive and consider the report of the directors
- to receive and consider the report of the Chief Executive
- to receive and consider and if thought fit to pass a resolution adopting the accounts for twelve months ending 31 December 2013. The accounts are now completed and copies will be available at the AGM. Alternatively, on receipt of a stamped addressed envelope, copies will be sent to members on written requesT
- to consider and if thought fit to pass a resolution electing directors. (a) The following director retires at the AGM in accordance with Regulations 26.1 and 26.2 and offers himself for re-election: Bob Davies (nominated by Philip Pritchard and seconded by Bill Shand Kydd). Should any other person wish to stand for election as a director he or she is referred to the provisions of regulation 27.
- to re-appoint Dr L A Cotterill as auditors and to authorise the directors to fix their remuneration
Dated: 14th November 2014
By order of the board