AJA AGM to be held on Monday 4th December
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF
THE AMATEUR JOCKEYS ASSOCIATION OF GREAT BRITAIN LIMITED
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 2017 Annual General meeting of the AJA will be held on Monday 4 December 2017 at 12:00 noon at The Orangery, The Crown and Sandys Hotel, Main Road, Ombersley, Worcestershire WR9 0EW when the following ordinary business will be considered:
- to receive apologies for absence
- to consider and if thought fit to approve and confirm the Minutes of the previous AGM and to authorise the President to sign them
- to receive and consider the report of the directors
- to receive and consider the report of the Chief Executive
- to receive and consider and if thought fit to pass a resolution adopting the accounts for twelve months ending 31 December 2016. The accounts are now completed and copies will be available at the AGM. Alternatively, on receipt of a stamped addressed envelope, copies will be sent to members on written request
- to consider and if thought fit to pass a resolution electing directors.
(a) Richard Burton (proposed by Bob Davies and seconded by Anthea Morshead)
(b) David Dunsdon (proposed by Bob Davies and seconded by Anthea Morshead)
(c) Emily Jones (proposed by Serena Brotherton and seconded by Annabelle Armitage)
(d) Fiona Needham (proposed by Bob Davies and seconded by Anthea Morshead)
(e) The following director retires at the AGM in accordance with Regulations 26.1 and 26.2 and offers himself for re-election: Bob Davies (nominated by Richard Dunwoody and seconded by Anthea Morshead.) Should any other person wish to stand for election as a director he or she is referred to the provisions of regulation 27.
- to re-appoint Andrew Winterburn Chartered Accountants as auditors and to authorise the directors to fix their remuneration
Dated: 20 November 2017
By order of the board
A member entitled to attend and vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his stead. A proxy need not be a member of the company.