Please will all amateur jockeys note that due to a clash with Amateur races at Chelmsford, the BHA have kindly reprogrammed the two Amateur races at Southwell in February and March as follows:
- 6f Class 6 (46-65) 4+ Hcap will now be run on February 13th instead of the 11th as previously scheduled.
- 1m Class 6 (46-55) 4+ Hcap will now be run on March 15th instead of the 17th as previously scheduled.
Many thanks to the BHA and to Southwell Racecourse for their kind co-operation in facilitating this change to maximise opportunities for amateur jockeys on the racecourse.
From Tuesday 11 January, everyone entering the Weighing Room complex on a raceday will be required to present on arrival evidence of a negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT).
As confirmed previously, the intention of racing’s industry COVID-19 Group was to introduce testing at the earliest possible opportunity, with a temporary pause agreed to enable participants to secure a supply of tests.
With reports of improvement in the supply of LFTs, regular testing will come into effect from Tuesday. We will continue to monitor the availability of tests and keep you updated as to any further adjustments to the requirements should they be necessary.
Everyone planning to attend fixtures from Tuesday 11 January should ensure that they:
- Continue to order LFTs here;
- Download the NHS App here;
- Complete the LFT before you leave to go racing; please do not come racing without a negative LFT.
- Upload your LFT result here;
- On arrival show any of the following as evidence of a negative test: Text reporting a negative test; Email reporting a negative test; NHS App COVID Pass Data;
- If you test positive, isolate and follow instructions here.
The LFT should be completed on each day of racing before travelling, with Weighing Room attendees required to demonstrate the negative LFT either via the NHS App, or an NHS text message or email address confirming the result. A photograph of a test will not be accepted, nor will the actual test kit.
Any person who does not have a valid negative LFT result will be refused entry to the Weighing Room. LFT kits will not routinely be available on-site, so those planning to enter the Weighing Room are advised to complete the test before departing for the racecourse.
We would also recommend maintaining a small number of unused LFTs in your car as a contingency measure, should you or a colleague arrive at the racecourse without evidence of a negative test.
COVID-19 cases remain high across the country, with positive cases also having been identified within the racing industry and amongst Weighing Room personnel – resulting in self-isolation and absence from work.
Regular testing in racing will add a further layer of protection for our business-critical personnel and protect the health and availability of everyone in the Weighing Room. Vaccination also remains an essential part of the protection against COVID-19 and you can book an appointment here.
Thank you, as ever, for your continued efforts to keep your Weighing Room colleagues safe.