Applications are invited from AJA members who are UK licensed amateur jockeys to represent Great Britain abroad in 2013.
A: If applying for the Fegentri individual championship representation, you will need:
- an understanding boss - regular weekends away will be planned
- strong home support - your life will be hectic
- stamina - travel, time zones and flight delays sap energy
- to abandon thoughts of turning professional
- diplomatic skills, a cheerful disposition and philosophical attitude - rides can be varied
- the ability to smile for the camera - even when bitterly disappointed
- at least 5 wins under Rules
- the ability to do 9 stone for lady riders, 10 stone for lads
B: If you are unable to commit to a whole Fegentri season and/or weigh more than above, you might like to be considered for the Fegentri World Cup of Nations and wear the Union Jack colours. Weight can be up to 10 stone 7 lbs. Trips include:
- Pisa, Italy
- Maisons Laffitte, Paris, France
- Royal Windsor, England
- Berlin, Germany
- Penn National, Laurel Park & Great Meadows, USA
The AJA will cover travel expenses and host countries will pay for accommodation abroad.
C: Lady riders who can ride at 9 stone and have ridden at least 2 winners can apply to take part in the HH Shaikha Fatima Bint Mubarak Ladies World Championship Series for Arabian Horses. For 2013 races will take place in:
- Berlin, Germany
- Newbury, England
- Toulouse, France
- Duindigt, Netherlands
- Taby, Stockholm, Sweden and
- Abu Dhabi where the finale will be held and all jockeys from the series may be invited to attend for 6 days (yet to be confirmed). In addition all jockeys MUST be available if invited to attend an exhibition in Abu Dhabi in September for 5 days. You must therefore have agreement from your boss for possible substantial time away from work. All expenses will be paid.
D: Other international invitation races (ie China, Russia) might arise at any time.
All members will be mailed an application form: appformfegentri2013.doc